Sharing Knowledge, Serving Haitian Heritage
A variety of museum and conservation specialists have carried out work for the Cultural Recovery Project. Conservation work at the Cultural Recovery Center is supervised by Stephanie Hornbeck of Caryatid Conservation in Miami, Florida, who retired from the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African Art in 2010.
The Smithsonian Institution's conservators and experts include:
- Rosemary Fallon, Paper Conservator, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, D.C.
- Carol Grissom, Object Conservator, Museum Support Center, Suitland, Maryland
- Vanessa Haight Smith, Smithsonian Institution Libraries, Book Conservator, Washington, D.C.
- Helen Ingalls, Conservator, Smithsonian American Art Museum, Washington, D.C.
- Emily Jacobson, Paper Conservator, Freer and Sackler Galleries, Washington, D.C.
- Paul Jett, Supervisory Conservator, Freer and Sackler Galleries, Washington, D.C.
- Gail Joice, Registrar, National Museum of the American Indian, Washington, D.C.
- Pete Reiniger, Production Manager, Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage, Washington, D.C.
- Hugh Shockey, Conservator, Smithsonian American Art Museum, Washington, D.C.
- Katharine Wagner, Smithsonian Institution Libraries, Book Conservator, Washington, D.C.
The American Institute for Conservation's experts include:
- Dennis Baltuskonis, Painting Conservator, San Antonio, Texas
- Susan Blakney, West Lake Conservators, Mottville, New York
- Bernard Colla, Paper Conservator, Belgium
- Viviana Dominguez, Art Conservation, Los Angeles, California
- Nick Dorman, Chief Conservator, Seattle Art Museum, Seattle, Washington
- Anaïs Gailhbaud, Conservator of Objects and Sculptures, France
- Kristín Gisladóttir, Painting Conservator, Iceland
- David Goist, Painting Conservator, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Renee Jolly, Object Conservator, Biltmore Estates, Ashville, NC
- Sian Jones, Paintings Conservator, Baltimore, Maryland
- Hitoshi Kimura, Painting Conservator, Tampa, Florida
- Vicki Lee, Paper Conservator, Maryland State Archives, Maryland
- Rosa Lowinger, Rosa Lowinger and Associates, Los Angeles, California
- Elizabeth Mehlin, Painting Conservator, Boston, MA
- Jane Norman, Conservator, Washington, D.C.
- Anne O'Connor, Painting Conservator, Mill River, MA
- Eloise Pacquette, Painting Conservator, Quebec City, Quebec
- Karen Pavelka, University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- Beverly Perkins, Chief Conservator, Buffalo Bill Historical Center, Cody, Wyoming
- Marie-Chantal Poisson, Painting Conservator, Quebec City, Quebec
- Veronica Romero, Paintings Conservator, Miami, Florida
- Dawne Steele Pullman, Painting Conservator, Hawaii
- Sylvia Schweri, Objects Conservator, Los Angeles, CA
- Karen Zukor, Paper Conservator, Oakland, CA
Beverly Perkins works on the restoration of artifacts.